Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mommy, Santa Awake!

I dont know why Addison tells me that everytime she sees a santa clause. I have never gone into detail about whether Santa sleeps the rest of the year, but she keeps telling me, "Mommy, Santa AWAKE!". Maybe she knows more about the jolly old man than I do.
Bear with me, I am going to attempt to blog with pictures for the first time from this computer. I am really enjoying being able to sit with the rest of the family and get on and updated, but its also quite the addiction! I am looking into twelve step programs :)

We have been busy little bees getting ready for the holidays and getting some stuff done around the house. Josh has redesigned the back bedroom into a den so that we can all hang out up there while I work on crafts. 
Addison is getting more and more excited about Christmas, as all of her shows have started showing Santa and his reindeer. 
Addison drew a person this week! She has been drawing "people" for a while, but I could never with my naked eye see them quite the way her magically little imagination did...but I can see this person loud and clear! I even asked her where his arms were while she was drawing him, and she made arms, one on each side, and then legs, one on each side. I was amazed! You probably cant see them, and I know every mom thinks that their child might be the next picasso...and I am no different. I cant wait to see what else she can draw :)
We bought an advent calendar, and although we started a little bit late, Addison is enjoying it. We make her find the number on the door, and once she finds it, she gets to open it, and every time she says..."OOOOOOH....Snack!" when she discovers the hershey kiss inside. I love the fact that she forgets, and everytime she opens the door its a surprise. I wish I could hold onto this age forever...I love her imagination!
Here are some pictures that have been stuck on my camera for a while...

Doesnt look very comfy, does it?
She loves this bear!
Her "person". He even has hair!
She found a surprise!
If you ever thought you had a bad hair day...
Cheesy McCheese.
My girl is stylin.


No comments: