Sunday, February 22, 2009

Welcome Ava Corinne!






My sister and bestest friend Tara had her first baby on Friday. At 3:43PM we welcomed Ava at a whoppin 7lbs 10oz and 20in long :)
She is absolutely gorgeous, and looks just like her mama. Addison wasnt too fond of her new cousin just yet, but I know that in a short time they will be the best of friends. Since I dont really have permission to post pictures of Ava, nor do I want to be the first to announce her to the world ;) I will just give you a few teasers until I get the go ahead to share the photos I have of her :)
We made the trip up to Fredericksburg and made it there before Ava's arrival. Before that, Addison and I had our last day at the Y. While it wasnt what I expected since I was all hyped up about Tara and Ava, it was very nice and bittersweet. My coworkers are the best, and they got me flowers and cake. I couldnt have asked for better coworkers and friends and I am going to miss them dearly. I know that Addison is going to miss them tons!
We are ready for the new adventures that staying home again will bring us. Next week we start a mommy and me gymnastics class, and Addison keeps talking about going to school in the fall. I am excited about not rushing around in the morning, and spending more times with our friends, and at Busch Gardens which opens in ONE MONTH!

We saw snow today, but it didnt last long. We got Addison up from her nap so she could see it, and bundled her up so she could at least play while it was coming out, only for it to stop as soon as we got outside. She was ready for the snow, but the snow couldnt handle her and went away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, those lil feet are so tiny! Congrats Auntie Lisa ;) Yea the snow was a tease huh?! As soon as I realized it was snowing, it stopped! LOL!