Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh 28...

So today I turn 28, which means I am officially closer to thirty than twenty five. I dont know how I feel about this, since honestly, I have felt really old ever since I had Addison. We hung out with friends this morning, and then went to a hibachi restaurant for dinner, and I ate whatever I pleased and didnt think about it...which was my birthday present to myself. Back on the wagon tomorrow. I have about 15lbs til I reach my goal weight, and let me tell you, this process is as slow as anything. I lose about a pound a week, which is healthy, but jeez it is frustrating. I feel like you put so much work into it, and you get such little gratification. But i am trying to hang in there, remembering that in two months, I am going to be in a bathing suit, and that our 10 year (yes, another thing reminding me I am old) reunion is this year. This whole thing has been pretty hard for me. I mean, since I had Addison two years ago, I have lost at least 35lbs. I worked for it, some of it just disappeared, but I seem to be stuck at 140. This is the threshold I gave up on last time, and here I am again struggling to get below the line. Ugh. What makes it worse is that for someone who like to suppress their feelings with food (I am happy...I celebrate by eating. I am stressed...I deal by eating) not being able to eat yourself into a peaceful place leaves your emotions out to dry, with no idea how to deal with them. So it has been a process, to say the least. They say its a lifestyle change, but I never realized how it touched every single part of your life.
Josh got me a spa package for my birthday, so on Sunday, I will be basking in the glory of the Kingsmill spa, and enjoying my time away. I will be getting a massage, a pedi, mani, facial, and lunch. I am super excited. He's the best.

I have been reminded a couple times recently that I havent been blogging as much. I guess as Addison gets older and the milestones get fewer and farther between, there is not as much to type about. So you guys are probably going to go back to getting more of me, and less of her. :P
Funny Addison moments of recent memory...
*the other day she told me "Thank you very much. I 'preciate it."
*Every time we hear an airplane, she runs to the window to see it. When I ask her where its going, she tells me Chick-fil-a. Everytime. The child could be their marketing director. Hmm...maybe she has been hanging around Josh too much :)
She is talking up a storm, and really learning how to play pretend and tell stories. The things that come out of her mouth amaze me. The sentences just flow and flow and she is so proud of herself when she tells us stuff. She recently told both of us (on separate occasions) that she loved us, unprovoked, and randomly. It was the sweetest thing I have ever heard. When I tell her I love her, she says "thanks, mommy" :) Silly girl. She is the best hugger ever.
Addison had her first gymnastics class this week. I will leave it at that. It didnt go very well, she wasnt very cooperative, and well, at least she looked cute, haha. We are hoping for a better session next week.



we had all sorts of visitors this past weekend. My parents, and my nieces and nephew came down on saturday, and we got to go to the park and play. Josh's parents came down on Sunday and we got to enjoy the nice weather once again. We took the opportunity to get a couple of family shots, since I spend a lot of the time behind the camera. They are super cute :) Thanks grandpa!



Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and gifts. I love you all and feel so blessed to have you all in my life! I am sorry if this post is jumbled at all, my brain has been mush lately, and I am trying to type and watch idol at the same time... :)


2 comments:

Jenn M said...

Hey 140 is a great weight!

***Sharon*** said...

The plane is going to Chic-Fil-A? That is CLASSIC! :) Addison sure looks so grown up. Isn't it just amazing how time flies?