Thursday, January 22, 2009

just some Addie-isms

We are coming to a close here at the condo.  It has been a nice place for us. I was thinking back the other night about all of the things that happened here. Addison learned so much here, and went from a helpless little baby to a big, independent girl. She learned to crawl here, walk here, eat food, she had her first birthday, her first word, and her first major boo-boo. She took her first big girl bath here, her first nebulizer, and danced for the first time. This was the first place that when we pulled up, she was able to say "home". She had her first pet here, hosted her first playdate, and pee peed in the potty for the first time here. So much has happened since we moved here. Somewhere in the past year and a half, my little munchkin has become a big girl, capable of telling me what she wants, how she feels, and when she doesnt like something (which she exercises regularly, I might add) So as the next week unfolds, it is fitting that we are moving to a new house for her new adventures as a preschooler. She is no longer considered a baby, no longer considered a toddler...she is a big girl. On to big girl stuff. I cant believe how quickly the past two years have gone by, and how much we have all learned in the process. We have had a blast on this road of parenthood, we are a family, and I am reminded everyday of how blessed we really are. So in case I dont get a chance to get on here on the big day (although I most definitely will try), Happy Birthday, Big Girl. Daddy and I love you more than you will ever know and cant wait to celebrate your birthday.

Okay. enough mush and on to the addie-isms:

*So, obviously our house becomes more and more disrupted by the day as we prepare for the move. Josh moved some furniture last night, and Addison came down this morning and said "Oh, no! My chair! Daddy Deeeeeed it! Daddy put back!" and then moved on to a coffee maker sitting beside a box... "Oh, no, mommy! A hoffee maker not in a box!" When I was telling Josh this story at dinner, Addie added that we need to"take hoffee maker to house. In bafroom." Interesting.

* Addison has been obsessed with my eyebrows lately. I dont know why. She thinks they are funny, and she randomly talks about them. The other night she told Josh that we "went to Target to get mommy's eyebrows"

*I had a soda on top of my car as I was putting Addison in the car. I didnt even know she saw it. When I got in the car and started it up, she started freaking out "mommy, the hup!" and pointed to the roof! Luckily, I had remembered it, and I showed her, but I couldnt believe that she remembered!

*We were playing around tonight, and I told Addie to do a somersault. She said "mommy do it! Daddy do it!" and we did! Boy did we find out why grown ups dont do somersaults!

*I dont really believe in ghosts, but I do believe in spirits to a certain extent, and I definitely believe in angels. Today, Addison and I were driving to meet Josh for lunch and she pointed up to the sky out her window, and said "look mommy, an anhel (angel)!"...It kinda freaked me out!  I said, "where?" and she said "Up there. He hiding. He hiding in the clouds" Okay...now I was a little more freaked out. So I asked what the angels name was...and she said. "He up there. He have buttons....and a hat....and a nose...." and just as it was all coming together in my head she said "snowman!" I had to laugh. For a minute there I thought she had the sixth sense!

Addison has been a little bit under the weather the past couple days. On wednesday, she didnt move from the couch AT ALL between the time I woke her up at 745AM and the time I laid her down for nap at noon. I brought her pillow downstairs, and all of her friends, and she laid there watching TV, and dozing off all morning. The only time she said anything was when I would ask her if she was hungry, and if something good was coming on TV, she would tell me. Poor baby. She looked so pitiful. She was in better spirits in the afternoon, but had a fever, and faded fast. Today, she woke up as normal as normal could be! She was talking everyones ears off as if everything that ran through her little head while she wasnt feeling good still needed to come out!

Although were not doing much for Addies birthday right now, I will most definitely take some birthday pictures on her big day :)

No comments: