Sunday, February 1, 2009

welcome to our new home!

We are all moved in and all the major stuff is unpacked and has found permanent homes. Its the stuff still in boxes that stresses me...the stuff that doesnt really have a home, doesnt really deserve a home, but stuff that you cant just bring yourself to let go of. The stuff that could possibly stay in the box until one day when you realize youre missing one specific item...ugh. I dont even know where to start with those boxes. Were gonna take our time and really weed through them. But I know they are driving Josh crazy.
Were still waiting for the delivery of much of our furniture, which has made sleeping/showering/tv watching arrangements sort of tricky. I am sure in the next month we will forget that we never had furniture, but right now, I am SO anxious! We cant wait for everyone to see our new home!
Today was a beautiful day. Absolutely perfect. Sunny, and 60, and for the first day of february, I am not complaining one bit. We got to go out and enjoy a little bit of our yard, and I think Addison was so excited just to be free...without jacket, without other people to get in the way (except mommy's camera, of course), just free to roam around and try to find sticks and climb trees. She is such a different girl out there, so excited, and so full of life. There is a pile of leaves at the bottom of our deck steps, and I think that there was some magnetic force drawing her to them. She jumped right in, and at one point, even belly flopped in them. She swam in them, threw them, and stomped them. She loved every minute. God, I cant wait until spring!
Addison had an awesome birthday. We went to Friendly's for dinner, and where the food was lacking, the ice cream definitely compensated. The waitress couldnt get anyone to sing, which was fine and dandy since our little princess freaks out whenever anyone sings the birthday song. But she dug into that sundae with no fear, ate all the M&M's and then announced that "i finished". :) She had a great day, I think she really did understand that it was a special day, and thats all that mattered to me. She was super excited about all of her presents, and some of them, we cant seem to go anywhere without! Tricia got her a tea party set, and all we have heard since we moved in is "mommy tea party!? Daddy, tea party!?" She even has tea partys with her penguin, although she would definitely prefer for a real person to play.
I started weight watchers today, I dont know what I was thinking starting on superbowl sunday. We went to a little party, and I dove right in, so I think I am definitely over points on my first day, how pathetic! I think I am actually going to do just fine on the plan, they have made it very easy for me to track my food, which is how I lost the weight last year, so this is just an added support. I cant wait to feel good about myself again, and just in time for Aruba in May!
And now, what youve been waiting for, the pictures!
















3 comments:

Jenn M said...

Weight Watchers is SO easy and kind of fun once you get the hang of it. I lost 5.5 pounds in a month (and 2 of those weeks I wasn't even dieting really) LOL!

Roxanna said...

Wow she is so cute and she is really starting to look like you.

Anonymous said...

I want to see pics of the new place!