Saturday, December 27, 2008

I dont even know where to begin...



I suppose I will start by saying that I hope that everyone had a very merry christmas. Ours was certainly better than we could have ever expected! Our little princess LOVED it all, she soaked in everything and was excited about all of her gifts. We did Christmas eve at my parents, where we opened tons of stuff. Addison did great despite us being there late, and loved all of her new toys and her new backpack! She woke up Christmas morning around 7, and we headed downstairs to see what Santa had brought. She got a bunch of new clothes, and new toys, a train that you can sit on, and a bike! After a turkey feast, we headed home to see what santa had left at our house. She was excited to find the dollhouse and babydoll set under the tree! She wasnt even interested in seeing what was in her stocking. We watched the Curious George movie that she got from Santa while she played with her toys. It was a wonderful Christmas, we couldnt have asked for a better one! Today Addison asked to open a number on her Avent calendar. We hadnt done it since before we left for Fredericksburg, but the little turkey remembered. We told her that Santa took the "numbers" with him, and that he would bring them back next year. She told us "I want Santa to give it back!" Poor thing. We told her Santa was sleeping, that he is tired, and all she keeps saying now is "Want santa to wake up!". Its going to be a long year! Only 363 Days left! :)

The pics are all mixed up...












<




On a more somber note, Cooper passed away the weekend before Christmas. He got hit by a car in the Petsmart parking lot. We know that he is up in heaven, playing with toys and chewing on bones, but it was a hard loss to swallow, and to some extent, we still find ourselves caught off guard that he is not around. So, if you have a pet, go give them a kiss and hug (unless its a snake or fish!) and remember that you never know how much time you have with them. Cherish every minute, even the annoying ones!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even stand how big addison is getting! she is just adorable, and I am so glad you all had a wonderful christmas!
I am so sorry to hear about Cooper, that is just terrible! After everything we went through with Bella I know how you feel.
I hope you all have a wonderful New Year filled with many more blessings!
Love, love, love!

Roxanna said...

I am so so sorry to hear about Cooper, I am sure he knows how much he is missed. I am glad you guys had a great holiday.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Santa treated Addison well! She such a big girl now!

So sorry to hear about Cooper! How sad! I know how hard the loss of a pet can be! **HUGS**