Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

I have been a slacker, I know. And in slackerish fashion, I have no pictures to share, either. Boo for me.
We rang in the new year at home. Addison stayed up late...til 7:30 that night, and Josh and I tried our best, but only made it to 11:30. I woke up at 12:01 and couldnt believe that I had missed it by 1 Minute!!! What a drag. But despite that, we had a great, quiet new years eve.

New years day we headed up to Fredericksburg to visit with the family, and most importantly, see Uncle Rich, Aunt Diana, and Taylor! We had a great visit, an AWESOME dinner, and the kids opened MORE presents. Addison got a bitty baby, which she proudly wears in its backpack carrier. She LOVES it, and now doesnt even want to play with her other doll! She brought the bitty baby in the car with her yesterday, and she was teaching the baby all the signs that she knows on her DVD that she was watching. It was really cute. And when Daddy had to stop a little suddenly, She asked her baby if she was okay :)

Yesterday, I went to the doctor. As many of you know, my tailbone has been  bothering me for quite some time, especially after car rides, or sitting in a restaurant, etc. I had gone to the doctor 4 months ago or so, and he told me that it was normal for "moms" to have tailbone pain, and that it should go away...fast forward to now, and the pain has not gone away, so much so that I was practically in tears on New Years night from the car ride home. Josh convinced me to go back to the doctor (I was really hesitant...I mean, who wants to be told that basically youre a wuss and lots of people deal with it) and with a little protest, I finally decided to go. I went to a different doctor, and he was AWESOME. He was really concerned, gave me all of my scenarios, and was willing to do whatever he could to find the source of my pain. So after a very invasive exam, some poking, two hospital gowns and an xray later, he confirmed that yes, indeed, I have a broken tailbone, and that the tip is dislocated has moved about a cm in the wrong direction. While there is nothing that they do to treat it other than time, it was nice to have an answer and know that all of my whining has not been in vain, and that there might actually be an end in sight. He said it should take four plus more months to heal...although several people I have talked to that have had this happen say that the pain never completely goes away, so we shall see.
Aside from having a broken butt, all is well in LumberLand. We are (okay, josh is) packing and sorting and boxing, and getting really for our upcoming move about a block to the east (which, although we didnt think it possible, is even CLOSER to Target!) and a street up. We are super excited about the move, and the upcoming events of January. We have a big party, a baby shower, and SOMEONE's 2nd birthday right around the corner! I cant believe its been two years already!!! 

Hope everyone had a safe and happy new years...Sending everyone love, peace and blessings in the year to come!!

1 comment:

Ryan and Kim said...

Oh my I have such sympathy for your tailbone. If you ever want to e-mail me about it I can tell you about the shots and drug treatments I have tried.